Thursday, July 21, 2011

Digging ... then houses & water

Digging is going a bit slower due to the clay being more compacted as we get deeper. We still anticipate hitting water tomorrow.
As the digging progressed today, I had the opportunity to visit with one of the gentlemen whose house was built by the Wind and Water Foundation approximately 6 months ago. The youth construction coordinator joined us also. This house provides him a much healthier, safer, and more comfortable life style.
I also got to play with some of the children at Kipsongo Well # 1. It never ceases to amaze me at the splendor of the children (and adults for that matter) with the sight and touch of water.

1 comment:

  1. The picture of the children and well is priceless!! Truly makes me appreciate my life and how fortunate I am!!! Keep up to good and much needed work.

    ReplyDelete